Contraceptive Care Walk-in Clinic
Get all your contraceptive care in one place: the 17th Medical Group’s walk-in contraceptive clinic.
All beneficiaries, regardless of gender identity, are eligible for care and counseling at walk-in contraceptive clinics and can receive education on safe sexual practices, contraceptives, and STI prevention and treatment.
The clinic is open Thursdays, 1 – 4 p.m.
We offer the following products and services:
- Short-acting reversible contraception (i.e., pills, patches, NuvaRing, injectables)
- Counseling for long-acting reversible contraception (IUDs and implants, such as Nexplanon)
- Pre-conception counseling
- Birth Control/Family Planning counseling
- Same-day prescriptions for birth control pills, patches, rings, and Depo-Provera shots (as appropriate)
- Pregnancy tests for birth control (as needed)
- Free condoms
How it Works
If your PCM is not at the 17th MDG, you’ll first need to register at the MTF’s front desk. Once registered, all patients can check in and wait to see a provider.
If you’re requesting a new birth control prescription or would like to schedule an IUD or Nexplanon implant insertion (limited appointments available), a urine pregnancy test will be collected during your appointment.
** If your PCM isn’t located at the 17th MDG, we can’t issue referrals or orders for care outside our facility. You may still utilize the walk-in contraceptive clinic by following the steps above. **